Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The Days That End in "Y"

That magical snow I mentioned earlier is a bitch. The city of Bowling Green cares very little about where they put all that extra snow that they shovel up. While walking to work I passed numerous (what can only be described as) "mounds." These "mounds" wouldn't necessarily be promblematic if they were out of the way of traffic. However, Bowling Green likes to place them in piles in the middle of the road in turn lanes. This makes it very difficult for people who walk to work, like myself, to cross the street when A) you can't see what's coming and B) you have to climb (yes, climb) over the mounds.

No worries, though, the snow melted in a period of four hours... I'm not worried about it when I make my walk back from the bars tonight.

It's Wednesday so that means pool and booze at Quarters, and then followed by karaoke night at Endzone. Such a glorious night this will be. Wednesdays are also a day that I booze it up with Mike and his friends so I'm curious to see if he will come over tonight or if his girlfriend will be there since tonight is his birthday. However, she's never come before so I'm hoping she doesn't change her plans. I'm crossing my fingers. It amazes me that even after all that previous ranting, I'm still excited to see him. I was really upset about him standing me up the other night, but it turns out he fell asleep when he got home to his apartment while he was waiting to come over to my place. I had said 2AM and I guess he got to his place at 1:30 and was just waiting. It's not really a good excuse, but I forgive easily and there's nothing we can do about the situation now.

I've decided I just don't care anymore. Really.

For some funny... Thanks P-Nasty for making me laugh with this amusing photo.

No comments: