Monday, March 26, 2007

Almost April!

It's almost April... Finally Mother Nature has graced Bowling Green with some consistent good weather. The sun is out, it's not too hot, not too cold, there are birds singing, college kids playing cornhole, and the best part... us college kids sitting on the many porches along Wooster Street skipping class and drinking booze. This is when you know the school year is almost over. It's fantastic. However, this girl has decided to drown herself in school work and work. I don't regret it. I want to salvage what I can from this semester. I'd like to leave this semester with only one 'F' and the rest Cs. It's going to be hard, probably impossible, but by golly, I'm going to try!

This weekend proved interesting. The bar crawl of Friday turned out great. On Saturday Liz and I were going to go to Quarters for a couple of pitchers and then head over to a D Chi party (I haven't seen those boys in weeks!), but instead something rare happened... Liz and I came alone around 9PM and booked it to the bar to get a seat before it started getting busier... We were sitting at the far end of the bar, closest to the door and pool tables and we immediately ordered a pitcher of Bud Light and two shots of Quervo. You have to start the night off right! As we're getting ready to take our fabulous shots of Q, I notice two guys that I've never seen at the bar before (come on, I'm a regular there). We take our shots and I mention it to Liz; I didn't want to be conceited by any means, but those young men were staring. She said she noticed it too and we just kept an eye out to see if we were crazy or if they were. Well we play pool, have another pitcher, and the gentlemen move to another pool table to play some games. Liz and I are sitting at the bar and I bust the boys pointing and whispering. Liz looks at me and says, "I bet they are going to buy us a drink." I, being the outgoing and stupid person I am, decide to one-up them and purchase a shot for them first. I buy four Cherry Bombs and walk over there with Liz. I sit the shots down and tell them they looked thirsty and they deserved a shot. From then it was history -- We partied with the guys all night and they ended up being really fucking kick ass. Tim, 29, and I hit it off right away and he told me that on Wednesday him and Bryce, 26 (who hit it off with Liz), are going to meet us ladies at Quarters for our Wednesday night ritual. Now, although I'm very excited, I'm also very nervous. Like last week I'll have both old and new Mike there, Justin (who has the hots for me, but I keep turning down), AND Tim (who was flirting with me all night). This hussy is going to have a hard time handling this interesting situation.

Hope it plays out well!!

Time to drown myself in a paper due tomorrow. Yay for me.

No comments: