Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Crazy Little Thing Called Love

These past two nights have been fairly interesting for me. On Monday I was surprised to have an old friend from Columbus come and visit. Him and I went to Chipotle, Quarters, and then to Uptown for a night of fun 80's music. While we were at Quarters Mike shows up with his very manly girlfriend. I wasn't pleased. However, I think he thought that Josh and I were "together" so it made things much more interesting. Overall, it was just extremely weird.

Well, being the drunk loud mouth that I am, as we (Amanda, Josh, and I) were leaving to meet our friends at Uptown I tell everyone that they should join us for some fun times. An hour later Mike shows up without his beloved girlfriend or Tyler. Weird. Why the hell would you show up alone to a bar to meet people you only sort of know? Sara says it's because I was there -- He did ask to come home with me; I said no.

Last night my buddy Kent and I went to Brewsters for free pool and, of course, Mike, Tyler, and Amanda were there. She's a very odd character, I might add. While we were there, though, I was really quiet with Mike. Usually I'm pretty loud, sarcastic, and outgoing, but I was very uncharacteristically quiet. I wasn't feeling very comfortable in the situation I was in. He noticed.

While we were there, though, a group of very attractive guys showed up to play pool and one of them (Rob) started to talk to me. I was very excited because I could see that Mike was getting upset that all my attention (and now very talkative-self) was on a different boy. Who can blame me, though? Did Mike really think I was going to be all giggles to hang out with him and his girlfriend? I definitely don't think so!

Tonight is the weekly Quarters then Endzone night for booze and karaoke. Rob said that he was going to go to Quarters at like 1130, and I'm considering going out tonight and seeing if I run into him. I go anyways, but usually we all leave around 11 for the Endzone. Maybe tonight I'll leave at midnight, instead.

All this sounds so trivial when I reread through it, but it's my confusing life and the only way it makes any sort of sense is when I write (or type) it down. What a crazy little thing called "love," I'm stuck between right now.

No comments: