Sunday, April 15, 2007

Music Spot

Kelly Clarkson...
...is back with after a long break with a new hit off her upcoming CD "My December". Never Again is a great start for a single to a hopefully pretty rad CD.

Mandy Moore...
...is back as well with an amazing sounding new record to be released June 19th, 2007! Three songs off her new album are featured on her Myspace: "Extraordinary", "All Good Things", and "All That You Are". Her soft voice is soothing and her CDs have only been getting better and better!

Gym Class Heroes...
...I don't know what it is about these guys. I didn't like them when I first heard their song, "Cupid's Chokehold", but it slowly grew on me and now I think GCH's is a great new indie band with a unique sound and good songs. My current favorite is "The Queen and I", located (of course) on their Myspace page.

Hawthorne Heights...
...has one of the best sounds I've heard. I think they have a great sound that is shown in each song. Their most popular song, "Ohio is for Lovers" is classic and their newer songs are even better. Check 'em out.

Relient K...
...Ohio produces some great bands. That's all I can say about the last two bands I've talked about. Relient K is just fun to listen too. What's funny is that I first heard about them about 5 years ago on some random indie channel on TV when I had 2348734 channels and I've been addicted ever since.

Now that I've come across two fantastic Ohio bands, I began a search for bands and solo artists that originated in Ohio and just plain rock. I introduce to you the following:

Hawthorne Heights, Dayton Ohio
The Devil Wears Prade, Dayton Ohio
Relient K, Canton Ohio
Saving Jane, Columbus Ohio
Bone Thugs N Harmony, Cleveland Ohio
John Legend, Springfield Ohio
Hootie and the Blowfish, Fort Lormaine Ohio
Ray Charles, Rocky River Ohio
Blessed Union of Souls, Cincinnati Ohio
KC & JoJo, Eldorado Ohio
Over the Rhine, Cincinnati Ohio
Kane, Columbus Ohio
David Allan Coe, Cincinnati Ohio

Hot Chip...
...Straight out of London comes this unique pop group with a sound of their own. They are definitely worth a listen to if you are interested in a more Euro-pop sound.

Yacht...
...I'm in love with this band. They are fun, upbeat, and offer a much needed new sound in the same shit I listen to everyday. Their songs are definitely the ones that I listen to while I'm getting ready to go out. "Hock it YACHT Remix" is number one on my playlist right now, but all their songs are equally as good.

Flogging Molly...
...You can't be Irish and not like Flogging Molly. They are just fun and I loooove them.

Ok, I'm done raving about some of my favorite bands and good finds.

No comments: